Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is my Dads birthday (well it was when I started typing). So I would like to wright a little about him!
He is a really cool guy. He gave me everything I could ever ask for, and just keeps on giving. Now, I was not handed everything, I had to work for things. He taught me a lot. How to not through like a girl, What a wonderful man will do for his family, what the best dad looks like, how to parent, and love.
He has given me a huge love for food. When I was little, we used to go to dinner alone once a month, or more I can't remember. I can remember going to a Chinese restaurant,. when I was a little older he would take me to, what is still, my favorite sushi restaurant. There was nothing I could not get.
My Dad always encourages  me to try just a little harder than I thought I could, and win or loose he was always there for me. He is always been strong, in every situation. I remember after I broke my arm in 2000, he got up in the middle of the night to drive from Northridge to Pasadena to hold my hand, even if I was not awake. I know he never left my side, till my Mom came, then they took turns. And when I was in labor, he stopped by our house to see if there was anything I needed. It was late at night and we sent him on a wild goose chase to find me a heating pad. There was only one store open, and he and my little brother drove all over to find it.

I can not think of a better Daddy for me.
Thank you so much for being there for me at all times. And once again, Happy Birthday Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment