Monday, August 23, 2010

I am such a bad blogger! I have had this page for six days, and I have missed three days of posting in a row! You know why? I have no idea what to wright! I think I have to wright something to make people want to read, but I cant think of anything! My life really has nothing in it but cleaning, cooking and changing dippers! Well I also get to play with the baby. Its kind of dull! I go to a moms group on Fridays. Thank God, cause that seams like the only thing i really do for myself. I don't feel like I have a lot to say.
I've been trying to figure out how to wright about my two new favorite men. Now in real life it would be my husband, Benji, and my Dad. Now, when its late at night and I need something sweet... well I have two other favorite men. Their names, Ben and Jerry. I seam to not get enough ice cream since my chocolate soup and frosting experience. For those who don't know that story, here you go!
For Fathers Day, my little brother and I made a chocolate ice cream cake for the first two men mentioned. They both love the darkest of dark chocolate, so I thought what better to do than make them an ice cream cake. We got to our parents house and made the 'batter' chilled it.... waited a few hours before we made it into ice cream, then put it into a spring form pan. Put it in the freezer... waited... ate dinner... waited a little longer... made a meringue, took te ice cream  out of the pan, and it was more like a very cold mousse than ice cream. It taisted wonderful.
Fast forward to Benjis birthday. I wanted to make him a real ice cream cake. So three days before his birthday dinner, I made the ice cream, and put it in the freezer. The next day, I made a butter cream frosting, and frosted it. The next day I made it look good. We took it to the resturant and I handed it to the server, and said "this is an ice cream cake, it needs to go in the freezer." Which he replied "freezer" and took it away. Now we had a lot of people come to dinner, and after eating and chatting two hours later, it was time for the cake. It came with the candles lit, and all i could see was the sides of the cake had calapsed and there was chocolate soup around the frosting. I was besides myself. I finnished singing Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, then quickly went outside to cry.
Now all that being said, I am so never going to make another ice cream cake again! EVER. Don't even ask!
Back to the point! Ben and Jerry! They have the best ice cream. One of my new favorite flavors is creme brulee, if you can find it, and one of the new new flavors is the Chocolate Macadamia.

No comments:

Post a Comment